Our 8 week partner support group provides space for partners to understand the overwhelming roller coaster of feelings that are so common when sex addiction behaviours are discovered or disclosed. Help is provided on developing positive coping strategies as well as space to consider what the future may hold.
The course covers areas such as:
- Surviving the Trauma of Discovery or Disclosure
- Looking after You
- What is Sex Addiction?
- Understanding the Cycle of Reaction
- Establishing Boundaries
- Re-claiming Self Esteem and Self Identity
- Creating a Future
- To provide a sense of safety and stability after the trauma of disclosure of sex addiction.
- To provide a sense of control over emotional reactions.
- To empower to make informed choices based on knowledge and information
- To provide a support network
Each porn addiction course is limited to a maximum of 8 members and will be facilitated by trained therapy professionals who specialise in the field of sex addiction. Attendees will be invited to join one of our monthly support groups. Confidentiality is essential to the successful outcome of the group and hence all participants are required to sign a confidentiality agreement before beginning the course.
The course ‘complements’ the Hall Recovery Course for Sex Addiction but it is not assumed that all partners will necessarily be supportive of their partner’s recovery. NB – the goal of this course is not to ‘save’ the relationship, but to provide partners space to explore their individual situation and needs within a supportive community.
To reserve a place on our next course, please go to the calendar view and click on the date you'd like to attend. You will be requested to pay a £125 reservation fee which covers the cost of an introductory appointment to provide you with further information and confirm this is the right approach for you.