My sex addiction is getting out control

Jim

Hello @Jimwell done for reaching out for help. Have you been able to speak with anyone. I’m not an addict but a partner of one. I’ve been in this turmoil reading so many people’s accounts and situations from around 10 months now. It seems this is so much more common than people would think. 

my advice is to be amongst others who share the same issues as you. Once your behaviour and addiction is not a secret it is so much easier to manage. My partner feels so much relief attending an SAA meeting on Zoom. He finds hearing that other people with good lives , families, partners and jobs also struggle with this. In my husbands words it’s good to know I’m not just a “ freak” 

Once you start listening and sharing your world will get easier. From SAA you can then get help to heal. This is so much more than you can’t stop having sex. Please reach out to SAA this time next year things could be worse again. Take care and  reach out to other addicts for support. 

• Upvote 1