Blocking Software

Roy

Hello there

I am in the process of obtaining therapeutic help after discovery. I’ve read Paula’s book, as has my partner who has read the partner’s version.

For trust in the meantime, we have agreed for my phone internet history to be shown etc. Can anyone recommend any software that I can add to my iphone so that activity can be shared?

Many thanks,

Roy

Hi Roy, Welcome to the Forum. 

I am not aware of any software to share activity, that can’t be bypassed. However you can agree to hand over your phone and show ALL your browsing history. To do this you will need to permanently turn of private browsing. Search for “How to Disable Private Browsing Mode Completely on iPhone” and there are a number of articles available.

This also stops you deleting all browsing history as well 😀

I hope this helps. Good luck on your recovery journey.

Firefly

• 9 months later...

Hi Roy

I have the same agreement with my partner. We use Qustodio. My partner can see all my activity. It has great functionality. For example you can set a flash screen that will stop you looking at certain sites. Your partner can access a report on your internet history, see it live, access your social media act. 

I can't remember the price but its around £55 for a year.

Hi Roy

We also use qustodio. I can see all my boyfriends searches etc - it’s helpful but please be aware it has glitches (sometimes it says my bf is using Facebook when he isn’t if Facebook ads pop up) this has led to some huge fights, and qustodio take about 20 hours to reply to emails to clear things up which can be quite agonising to wait for. 

My bf complains that it does block some YouTube videos he has searched as they are marked as “adult content”. However I think that is just something he has to deal with whilst we try and get him better. 

You can also cap the times internet can be used on phones which I find very helpful as we are living apart atm so I know he’s not up to old habits at 4am etc.