Perhaps one of the hardest parts of working with sex and porn addiction is helping a partner come to turns with the trauma they experience after disclosure or discovery of addiction. Unlike an affair, partners of people with a compulsive sexual behaviour often find themselves having to come to terms with years of relationship betrayal as well as making the difficult decision whether to stay or leave a relationship. This information filled, and experiential day will help counsellors and psychotherapists become equipped to work with traumatised partners and manage the emotional fall-out.
- To develop awareness of how to provide ‘partner sensitive’ therapy
- To understand the emotional impact of relationship trauma
- To develop skills to help clients manage emotions healthily
- To provides tools and interventions to help clients manage the cycle of reaction
- To provide practical strategies for helping clients develop and manage boundaries within their relationship
- To help clients to consider the future of their relationship
Please use the training calendar below to book your place, or telephone us on 01926 339594, or email us for more information.
COST: £80 early-bird (£115 if booked within 3 weeks of start date)