How to provide client centred, evidence-based assessment and therapy
This CPD workshop will provide counsellors, psychotherapists and health professionals with a thorough understanding of popular conceptualisations of sex addiction, porn addiction and CSBD (Compulsive Sexual Behaviour Disorder), with particular focus on a biopsychosocial model. Underlying causes will be explored, including trauma and attachment issues along with the most common harmful consequences that prompt clients to present for therapy. Based on the three core elements of evidence-based practice, workshop attendees will be offered skills practice using two validated clinical assessment tools and a framework for ongoing therapy. The importance of understanding positive sexuality and diversity will underpin this training as the foundation for developing an ethical and client-centred approach.
- To understand the most commonly used conceptualisations of sex addiction and compulsive sexuality
- To provide a bio-psycho-social conceptualisation of sex addiction/CSBD
- To understand the three core elements of evidence-based practice
- To recognise the role of trauma, attachment, opportunity and shame
- To provide research-based, validated clinical assessment tools
- To help clients identify and develop a positive relationship with sex and sexuality
- To provide a framework for clinical interventions
Please use the Training Calendar below to book your place or email us for more information.
NB: This is an interactive workshop and places are limited to 12 attendees to ensure time for questions and discussion. Bookings are non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances.
“Interesting and informative, and enjoyable”
“The evident expertise and depth of knowledge, delivered in such a relaxed and accessible manner, made participation in the day most enjoyable as well as extremely valuable for my client work.”
“A day well spent.”